Location: 34804 308th Street, Bellevue, IA
Artist: Mathias Fritz
Materials: limestone, plaster, carved wood
Open to the public? Yes
Erected by Mathais Fritz (1819-1889) and built in 1852 "in thanks to God for a safe voyage for his family from Luxembourg to America." The roughly 8-by-7-foot (2.4 by 2.1 m) structure has limestone walls on three sides and is open on the front. It is capped with a gable roof. The walls inside the chapel are plastered, and it houses a small stone altar and a hand-carved crucifix. Located on the north side of a gravel road, it is surrounded by a picket fence. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1991.